Inspire more women this International Women's Day
Jean Wolfe and Ute Wieczorek-King have been commemorating International Women’s Day for the last 15 years. We find it an excellent opportunity to speak or write about situations that affect women.
This year's Blogging Challenge in March, our 4th dedicated blogging event for midlife business and lifestyle bloggers, is a little different.
How you will benefit
- You gain greater visibility: You write your post for Attract Readers, and we will promote it to our social media followers and newsletter readers
- You build your confidence , especially if you've never written a guest article before. Good practice for approaching bigger media and publications!
- You reconnect with blogging in a bigger, deeper or bolder way
- You will make a difference by inspiring women with your own personal take on making the world a healthier, wealthier and more harmonious place
- You can even support a woman's charity, if you wish, that is dedicated to raising the status of women and children worldwide
Having International Women’s Day as a prompt can make it easier to write. We want this challenge to encourage you to take action and write something that is important to you. Please sign up below!
Make the world healthier, wealthier and more harmonious
This year's theme is #EachforEqual "Individually, we're all responsible for our own thoughts and actions - all day, every day. We can actively choose to challenge stereotypes, fight bias, broaden perceptions, improve situations and celebrate women's achievements. A gender equal world can be healthier, wealthier and more harmonious - so what's not great about that?" (From the International Women's Day website)
What previous participants told us
"Having a deadline got me to do a blog which raised awareness of my brand. I also enjoyed reading other people's posts and it was a good reminder that a personal commentary piece can be just as effective as a more factual one!
"Thank you for organising this. Such an amazing selection of posts. It’s been fabulous, a wonderful time of sharing."
How this blogging event works
- Think of a topic that is important to you and is relevant to making the world a “healthier wealthier and more harmonious place"
- Write your blog post for midlife women with lively minds but who may not know very much about your topic
- Provide a compelling title, and subheadings throughout so that readers find it easy to see what you are writing about. No links in the blog post, please
- The ideal word count for your post is between 400 – 1000 words.
- Add a short bio which can include a link for people to follow up with you
- Your post can include a photograph if you wish – but it is not essential. Please include an attribution to the photo – photographer etc if necessary.
- Please provide specific keywords if you want to help the search engines identify the subject matter
- Please send us an original article only, not a copy of a post you've published elsewhere. (Search engines don't like duplication although we can show you how to re-publish it later, if you wish)
- Email your blog post as a Word document to email@example.com by Monday 2 March
- Congratulate yourself!
We will start publishing just before International Women’s Day on Sunday 8th March and for a few days afterwards.
Please be aware that if we get inundated with submissions we will give priority to Attract Readers , Creative Spark Marketing and Success Network subscribers. And we reserve the right to publish a selection of posts or spread out the posts over a longer period. We will keep you posted of course! If you have any questions, please email us
Sign up here
Once you've subscribed you'll receive an email with all the details, plus our free download with 73 ideas for blog topics and titles!
Want to make a difference?
Our International Women's Day events are for charity. Here is where you can support Womankind -- a registered charity dedicated to raising the status of women and children worldwide. Please note, donations are voluntary. There is no requirement to donate before signing up.
Thank you very much x